Saturday 13 October 2012

Masada Street

One of my advisees at the Writing Center, Rea, is Israeli and told me I should meet his friend, Ido, a PhD student at Bar Ilan University who studies the social history of psychedelics. He lives in Masada Street, in what he describes as the "Arab Intellectual/Hipster" neighborhood of Haifa. He graciously invited us over for lunch and conversation. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture with him in his apartment, but we took a few pictures on his street.

Food stand at the end of the street:

Zebra cafe:

Street sign in German. (?)

Ido's apartment building:

Laundromat called "Brain Wash":

Wall art in a back alley:

This picture taken in the "Carmelite," a subway that runs up and down the mountain. Mordu's shirt fits right in:

Here comes the train:

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    That's our old neighborhood! Z and I had our first apartment there, and we climbed many stairs every day :-). It makes me real nostalgic to see photos of the 'hood, including the beloved Carmelit.

    ReplyDelete